Thursday, July 3, 2014

Live Simply

Lately, I have been feeling overwhelmed by "stuff" [probably because we are moving at the end of the month and I need to pack up all our crap]. While packing up some of our kitchen, I realized we have a lot of extra plates and cups, that we really do not need.

Conveniently I came across this Facebook page and I've decided to attempt to play this minimalism game all month long. You have to get rid of one thing on the first day, two things on the second day, three things on the third day, etc.


I should let you know, that I have been asking God "How can I live joyfully, everyday?" and he responded with "Live simply".  So this is an attempt to listen to His word that says not to store up treasures on earth.

I'll check back in at the end of every week to let you know what I am letting go of!

Want to join in on the fun? 


1 comment:

  1. We just returned home from being gone for a month. As I was unpacking *all* of our *stuff*, I found myself getting frustrated. We had so much stuff to unpack, and even *more* stuff piled up at home. It's time to purge. The cleanse would be good for the mind, body, and soul.
    That passage is perfect. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete