Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 19th... Movement?

Mike & I were laying in bed last night and I felt some pressure in my lower abdomen. I felt around and found a little knot and thought "hmmm, is this the baby!?" Then I did what any normal person would do... I googled on my phone. After reading that it could definitely be the baby pushing against the abdomen wall, I got super excited and said "I think this is our baby right here?! FEEL! 
HE is right here!" 

After I had pushed around a little bit on my belly, Mike reached over and felt the little knot and BAM. We think we felt our baby move for the first time. He felt it with his hand and I felt a little flutter. 

Could have been a gas bubble. Who knows?

But let's get back to the part where I said "I think this is our baby right here?! FEEL! HE is right here!" If you didn't notice earlier... in the moment, I said...HE. "HE is right here". 

I have no idea if we are having a boy or a girl and have felt kind of sad that I haven't had that "mother's intuition" everyone talks about... "Oh yes, I knew as soon as we conceived that it was a ____."

Hmph.

Maybe I do have it?  The whole mother's intuition. Or maybe Mike has brainwashed me enough into thinking our little one is a boy. 

I guess we will have to wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. I love getting the update and hearing your heart for this little one. You'll make a great mom. And Michael will be a wild man daddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aunt Kathy!! We are so excited. And I think "wild man daddy" are the perfect words for the daddy Mike will be :)

      Delete