Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Life has handed us Lemons

It is hard sometimes, to blog about personal hardship or difficulties that arise in our life. Being vulnerable is not natural to us. What is natural, is to make everything in our lives look perfect.
However, I think that being vulnerable in situations that are not what we expect and our lives take a sharp, left turn for what seems to be the worst, can help us get through or even help others feel that they are not alone.  

I recently found out that my job as a nanny is letting me go earlier than I had anticipated and this past Sunday my husband broke his foot...AGAIN.  With him out of work for a bit and no job lined up for me at this point, it is easy to panic and to feel as if we are on a rushing river, waiting for the waterfall at the end.

Life isn't always a pretty bouquet of red roses when you choose to believe in God and want to follow what He says is true.

But what life IS when you choose to believe in God and His truth, is hope. I know that my God has a plan for whatever is to come, that He is working all things for good, not for destruction.
He will not forsake me. 

I will choose to see the good that is in this and that is to come. 
I will choose not to be angry, not to panic and to wait for what I cannot see.  



Life has handed us lemons, and I will make lemonade.


"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."  Deuteronomy 31:6

No comments:

Post a Comment