1. Summer Infant SwaddleMe: These are awesome. No need to have to worry about being a swaddling pro. These do the job for you. I even packed these in my hospital bag.
2. Rock N Play: Emmah slept in this for the first few weeks. When we laid her flat on her back, she would spit up and make this gasping/choking noise that scared the dickens out of me. This way, she was tilted up a bit, and it solved the problem!
3. BabyGanics Hand Sanitizer: I had these all over the house. I don't know why, but it was much easier/less offensive to ask people that were visiting to say "here, please use this first" (while simultaneously squirting it in their hands so they had no choice) than to ask them to go wash their hands. But this brand is alcohol-free which is supposedly better for baby.
4. Cozy Cover: This made life much easier (i.e. no blankets flying off your baby and singing farewell as it floats away down the street) Obviously you do not need this in the summer or if you live somewhere warm, but here in Chicago, this winter has been brutal. It stretches around the car seat and keeps baby warm like a winter jacket!
5. Chicco Infant Carrier: So far this carrier has worked great for us. We haven't tried any others, but this one works for both Mommy AND Daddy.
6. Baby Aquaphor: THE BEST DIAPER RASH OINTMENT. We tried Butt Paste and both types of Desitin. This has worked the best and doesn't stink.
7. Pacifiers: These are the only pacifiers Emmah would take!
8. Baby Swing: This was the only thing Emmah could stand to be in longer than 10 minutes (besides our arms), and she would often sleep in it too!