Tuesday, June 18, 2013

27 Weeks

Yesterday I had my 27/28 week appointment and had the dreaded glucose test. You know, the one you have heard horror stories about. The one where they make you drink this awful liquid and then take your blood an hour later to test for gestational diabetes? 

Well I am here to say that.... it was a BREEZE! There was nothing bad about the drink I was so hesitant about. Nothing. at. all. From all of the terrible things I have heard, I was expecting to have to force down a huge amount of sugar-water mixture, that tasted worse than dog poop, while plugging my nose. 

It tasted like a flat orange soda. And it was only 10 ounces.

Anyways, on to an update at 27 weeks!



How far along? 27 weeks & 4 days
Total weight gain: 25 lbs 
Maternity clothes?  Yup. I have 2 pairs of maternity shorts & a be band so I can wear my regular shorts!
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Pretty good, but peeing A LOT.
Food cravings: ice cream 
Anything making you queasy or sick: mushrooms
Miss anything? A beer & coffee coffee coffee coffee. iced coffee.
Gender: little lady
Labor signs: Nope
Have you started to show? Oh yeah baby
Symptoms: back pain, huge boobs, calf cramps, moodiness.
Belly Button in or out? still in!
Wedding rings on or off? Unfortunately off. My fingers have been swelling on the days it gets hot out so I just took them off to be on the safe side. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: The hubs says I am moody. Poor guy.
Best Moment this week? Hearing Emmah's heartbeat (she kicked the instrument as soon as she put it on my belly) So funny.
Looking forward to anything? Still waiting to move & begin decorating Emmah's nursery!



1 comment:

  1. I think I say this every time, but your bump is THE cutest thing EVER.

    ReplyDelete