Monday, March 11, 2013

The Not-So-Glamorous side of Pregnancy

Of course, being pregnant is exciting! But no one ever told me about the not-so-glamorous side of being pregnant. I am sorry if this is too graphic for some of you, but I just want any other soon-to-be expecting ladies to be aware of some things that may come.

Especially so you can warn your husbands.


1. Morning sickness: This is false advertising. "Morning sickness" does not only come in the morning, but can last all day. My husband thought I was making this up.

2. Gas: I don't want to go into too much detail so, let's leave it at.. It's the worst.

3. Swamp mouth/breath: I had begun to notice that my mouth was tasting really gross all of the time and nothing would help. Not brushing my teeth or over-using mouth wash. Gum helps a little. I found out that this was a symptom of pregnancy because of the over production of saliva. YUM!

4. Mood swings: This one wasn't quite a surprise, but I didn't know how extreme it would be. The first trimester literally had me happy for one second and completely out-raged the next...over the silliest things. Mike recognized that it was usually when my blood sugar was low from not eating. "What to Expect When You're Expecting" did warn me about this, but I didn't think it would be so terrible. Eating small meals/snacks through out the day really helps to keep me level-headed.

5. Constipation: This one I was completely unaware of until I read "WTEWYE". But being pregnant slows down your digestive system and that means longer bathroom breaks.

Well, that's all for now. I am sure that I will come across more not-so-glamorous things that come along with being pregnant. But it's all worth it!

And for baby, you better be darn cute, because you are taking all the cuteness right out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment